Sunday, September 25, 2011

Remembering 9/11......10 years later!!

I remember this day like it was yesterday.....

I was working at Discover Card at the time and was on the phones making collection calls to back east. I was shocked when phone call after phone call consisted of screams of horror, cries of disbelief as they told me what was happening. I remember running down to the Cafeteria where we watched as the 2nd plane hit the 2nd World Trade Center. We eventually were told to get back on the phones which was pointless because at that point all the lines were busy. When we were finally able to call the Central Time Zone...again....Screams of horror and cries of disbelief. Due to the fact that part of our Company was in the Towers, they decided to send us home. I remember driving home looking up to the sky watching as I drove. At that point they had grounded all flights so it was very, VERY calm in the air. When I got home, Mike and the girls were still asleep. I woke Mike up and we watched for the rest of the day in horror. I don't think I have ever cried so much in one day, not even when my Mom passed away. It was a day I will never forget.

3,497 people lost their lives that dreadful day.........

Husbands, Mothers, Fathers, Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, Grandparents, Cousins, Neighbors and Friends.......all Innocent lives that were lost. I can only imagine what they all went through during those few minutes, hours and possibly days, but one thing is for sure, I know that our Savior was there to comfort them in their last moments. I pray that the families of the victims were also comforted and that they were able to find peace.

To commensurate the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 we decided to got to the Healing Fields in Sandy. It is so touching to see all of the Flags representing each and every Victim of 9/11












Azalea couldn't help but pose!






















After the Healing fields we were able to go visit our local Fire Department to drop off cards and baked goods. A friend of mine goes every year with her family and had invited our neighborhood to join in on the tradition.












The firemen turned on the sirens for the kids as a Thank you....Oaklee wasn't very thankful!! lol







This is on tradition we will definitely be adopting in our family......




We will never forget.......



No comments: