Last week we celebrated
our 19th Wedding Anniversary!!Yay!
Can you believe we have made it to 19 years?? I know some of you might be in shock, I mean, considering we still look like we are in our twenties and all.
This was us in High School...I know, right? We were 17 and so in love!! You can't see it in this picture but Mike is wearing a necklace that says my name. Yep, THAT in love.
We will pretend for a moment that we don't have a 17 year old of our own right now because that is enough to make me throw up, cry in a corner and lay awake at night in fear and forget the fact that at her age we were already 100% sure we would be spending our lives with each other. Not to mention that we were married at 18!!
Yep, we will forget about all that.
Too funny, after 19 years I just realized, we never had engagement pictures taken. The shame!
Seriously, do we not look like babies? Okay, does Mike not look like a baby??
January 24th, 1998
It's seriously hard to believe that
19 years have passed.
But then I see these pictures like this.
Mike's siblings are literally babies!! BABIES!!
Our wedding day was perfection. I look back and realize just how grateful I am for our Parents support. It couldn't have been an easy pill to swallow, a couple of young, know it all, 18 year olds, coming to their parents with the "exciting" news that they had decided to start their lives together, yet they all loved and supported us and made our day so special. I am especially grateful for my Mom. She made my wedding a dream come true. It was so magical!!
In celebration of our 19th wedding anniversary, I decided to write the 19 things I love most about my husband!!
1. I love how he is always making me laugh. I really don't think we would have survived the first few years let alone 19 of them without a little humor, okay maybe a lot of humor.
2. I love his smile. It is pretty much perfection. It's huge and can light up a room. We don't call him Smiley for nothing, he is typically always smiling.
3. I love his passion!! My favorite conversations are the ones when he is really passionate about something and spends the time to explain every detail to me or when he gets all fired up over something.
4. I love that he is almost always willing to give me a back rub before bed. This is probably what I adore most!!
5. I love how talented he is!! This man seriously can do any thing he puts his mind to. From hard drive recovery to replacing alternators in vehicles, he is a rock star.
6. I love how intelligent he is, always thinking outside the box. Always thinking ahead. Always thinking!! Okay sometimes this one is a love/hate relationship.
7. I love how he is always willing to watch Gray's anatomy with me.
8. I love that he puts up so well with 5 screaming, hormonal women in the house.
9. I love that he holds my hand at the movies or snuggles with me when we watch our shows together.
10. I love his eyes.
11. I love how meticulous he is when vacuuming, mowing the lawn or clearing snow. He usually goes ALL in or not at all. Also love/hate.
12. I love how I can always pursue him to eat what I want to eat. He's easy like that. lol He always goes with the flow.
13. I love how friendly he is. Once you get him talking, he never stops. A little chatterbox. lol He keeps talking and talking and talking....
14. I love how he always lets me do my thing. Whenever I've needed a night out or a girls get a way, he's always been supportive.
15. I love how kind hearted and giving he is. Anytime in our marriage where we have had extra blessings, he has always been willing to give to others in need.
16. I love his music addiction and how he always has it playing. Especially when we catch him singing. It's adorable.
17. I love how forgiving he is, in 19 years we've been married, we've never been able to stay mad at each other for longer then a day. Most the time never longer then 5 minutes. We have it out and move on.
18. I love that he is my best friend. I have always felt that the reason we have made it through all the tough times and trials we have had in our marriage was because of the amazing bond and friendship we made back when we were young.
19. I love that he is my Eternal Companion. I can't imagine my life without him and I am grateful that I don't have to.
I am so grateful for the past almost 21 years we have been together and
for the 19 years we've been married.
Looking forward to many more years to come!!














No comments:
Post a Comment