Okay so I know, I know!! In my last post which was only like 3 years ago, I SWORE that I was going to be better at this blogging thing. Yesterday as I read through my past posts I realized how grateful I was for the precious moments that have been documented and just how much I have missed the past several years. So again, I vow, this year is the year I make my goal to blog more, a reality.
Now to catch you up to speed. Forgive me if it skips around a bit.
"Don't
cry because it's over, smile because it happened." On May 17th 2016 we closed the door to a very dear part of
our lives. I remember the first time we walked into this house, Azalea
was just about a month old and the other kids were so very small. We've
watched them grow up over the last almost 9 years into beautiful young
ladies. So many fun times were had here, Halloween,
Christmas and Birthday parties were some of our favorites along with
all of the other little moments that made big imprints. We will never
forget the beautiful sunsets and the incredible friendships that were
made that will last a lifetime. The memories we made in this house will
be truly cherished and will always have a place in our hearts. As I told
my kids that day, all sobbing of-course, houses will come and go, but
families....families last forever.
I wrote that night...."I am excited for our families next
adventure but it doesn't make closing the door on such an incredible
home and neighborhood any easier. It's been a tough day but I know we
are truly blessed because the best things in life aren't things, it's
family. To my kids, I know that this is hard but I know you can do hard
things. Remember girls...."Beginnings are usually scary, endings are
usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So when you find
yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it
will. I sure love this family of mine!!"
On June 11th 2016...we finally closed on our new home!!
As you can see, we still have some amazing views!!
It's a lot smaller then our old house, so we definitely had to DE-junk and get rid of a lot of our furniture. I have personally loved having less to clean. Its been perfect. I see the kids a lot more then used to so that's a plus.
On May 27th 2016, Oaklee's 17th Birthday, this happened. So proud of
Beanie (Noah) for graduating.
He is now a Freshman at Salt Lake Community
College.
Ofcourse we still found time to celebrate Oaklee's 17th birthday. She was a trooper for not only sharing her day with Noah but having a good attitude about still being homeless at that time. We hadn't closed on the new house yet so we were staying with Chris and Noah. I figured after them living with us for so many years, they owed us a couple of weeks.
We had some major snags that caused a delay in our closing so what was supposed to be a couple weeks at Chris's house turned into almost a month. The crazy thing was that the new ward we were moving into had their Young Women's camp scheduled right after we were originally supposed to close, and although I felt strongly about them going so that they could get to know the girls and leaders, I was deep down so worried that the house was going to fall through. Although the girls were troopers and went not knowing ANYONE, and having feelings of doubt and frustration, wondering if we were going to really even end up in the house, they had a GREAT time. And....they came home to the BEST surprise, we were all closed and moved in. Well partly. lol They still had to help a lot!! We had 2 storage units filled to the brim after all.
One of the coolest things that happened once we were all moved into our new house was that all three of these cute girls were called to serve in presidencies in their young women's classes. Oaklee was called to serve as the 1st counselor in her Laurels class. Brooklyn was called as the Mia Maids president and Ireland was called as the 1st Counselor in her Beehives class. I have been so proud of these girlies for having good attitudes through the move. The new ward has a TON of youth which is pretty cool.
We quickly made the best of our summer! Chillin out back, BBQ'n and Playing in the SUN!
The girls BEST surprise over the summer was when their personalized potato chips made their way to our new house! Thanks to Noah for delivering them! lol
We made the trip to VEGAS to visit some of our favorites
Then as one last hurrah we went on a girls trip to Bear Lake!! So much FUN!
Oaklee is a Senior and is dueled enrolled, attending both her old High School and her new one. She is the Ballroom President at the old High School which is super fun for her.
Brooklyn is a Sophomore this year and was inducted into the National Honors Society. She is also one of the editors for the Yearbook!
Ireland is finally a 7th Grader and she is absolutely LOVING it.
Azalea, my baby girl, started the 4th grade and is all alone in elementary school but is doing GREAT! She has met lots of new friends and she LOVES her new Teacher!
I sure love these girls of mine!!
And..... Before we knew it, it was fall!!
we did a lot of fun stuff with some of the most incredible people!
Life at the new house has been great...and have survived our first set of holidays in our new space. An adjustment for sure, but we made it work!!
We spent a lot of time at Cornbellys, which is always our FAVORITE part of fall. Oaklee worked there again for the 2nd year in a row! So fun!
Azalea won $100 (2nd Place) for her prized pumpkin she painted in about 5 minutes at the pumpkin festival. So of course Brooklyn got in on the action and after about an hour of hand painting, she won $150 (1st place) for her prized pumpkin.
We enjoyed every bit of the fabulous fall weather in our new backyard!!
We also loved having our long lost friends come stay with us for a few days!!
Halloween was a BLAST!
The Mime!!
The Joker!!
Beetlejuice!!
The Leopard!
I even hosted a Witches Tea for Azalea's dance team! It was super fun!
We had an amazing Thanksgiving! Especially because of Brooklyn's tummy homemade rolls and pies!! This girl CAN bake!! Yum!
Christmas was completely perfect!!
I kind of wish Christmas fell on Sunday every year. It was so special to wait to open presents until after we went to church. It made us focus more on the real reason for the Season. I loved how it also made the magic of the day seem to last much longer.
The girls got new dresses for Church this year. They all looked so beautiful!!
Brooklyn turned the BIG 16 on December 29th, 2016
Seriously so proud of this girl! She succeeds at everything she puts her mind to. She is smart, creative, talented and beautiful!!
As soon as she woke up, she drove me to the DMV to get her license!!
Of-course I made her take the freeway!!
She had told me over and over that she didn't want a party. At last minute, I decided to surprise her with a little party. I sent her to the movies with Oaklee and Ireland before we were supposed to go out to dinner to celebrate. Well, sadly Oaklee's car "Broke down" and they were quite delayed. When she arrived home. She was seriously so surprised. Mission accomplished.
That brings us to today!! Phew!
Now I know I missed some MAJOR events during my hiatus so I am going to Throw back to 2015-2016 and post a few highlights about each child that might have been missed!!
Oaklee Ann....
Oaklee got her license on July 1st 2015!! Yay!
She wasn't impressed with me, clearly.
She started on the Lehi Ballroom Team and took my breath away!
She has been to a few dances....
She got her first car!! And she is a BEAUTY!!
She was in her first movie with Brooklyn!!
They both had a BLAST in Saturdays Warrior!!
She worked at Wendys and Cornbellys!!
Yep, that's her in the Minion suit!! Hahahaha!! At-least she stayed warm that day! Don't worry she didn't have to be the minion everyday. Luckily!
Oaklee also has become quite the impressive painter!
I still can't believe she is graduating and heading to USU this fall!
Brooklyn Marian.....
Finally permitted!! Dec 29th, 2015!!
9th Grade Dance!! Is she not stunning??
She played her 3rd season of Softball.
And then she met her future husband on the set of Saturdays Warrior.....
Yep, she fell HARD!
Sadly, he just doesn't know it yet!! Hahaha!!
She also loved being in the scene with the Piano guys!
She designed and won a few t-shirt contests!!
and became quite the talented artist!!
She lost her appendix....
But eventually she gained her very first job at Auntie Anne's
Ireland Mae....
Carried out the tradition and be Annie Oakley for the5th Grade Wax Museum!
Became very artistic
Creating amazing art and incredible dream catchers from scratch!! No joke, no instructions included!! She is amazing!!
She got to go to BIZ town!!
her heart still and will always be with ROXY!! Her baby!
Spent 2 years on the Traverse Mountain Ballroom team!!
I blinked and she turned 12!
Ireland took Hip Hop and did AWESOME!! Look at that cutie!!
She was in her 2nd Traverse Mountain Musical and got the part of the BIG BAD WOLF!!
She has LOVED being in 4 Pioneer Pageants with her sister and hopes to get to be in this years too!!
Ireland received a special NOVA award!!
Most of all Ireland loves her friends and loves to hang out!
I sure love this girl of mine!!
Azalea Leslie....
Yep, this happened!!
The most exciting news that was missed was that on June 20th 2015, Azalea was Baptized!!
I just want to squeeze her!! So so cute!!
I had so much fun taking her Baptism Pictures. She was the perfect little model!
It was such a special day!!
Azalea was Baptized by her Dad and her Confirmation was done by her Grandpa Kotter! It was really neat because Mike's Dad had just barley returned to Church after being inactive for many years, so it was really cool that he was able to do it.




We were very fortunate and were able to have her Baptism on our own instead of with the Stake. It was so neat because Oaklee, Brooklyn and Ireland all gave a talk and then they sang the Hillary Weeks song, " I will" You could feel the Spirit so strong.
Afterwards we had friends and family over to the house to celebrate!!
Azalea has also become quite the little dancer. Its been so neat to see her grow over the past 5 years.

Those eyes!!!
Azalea giving her first talk in Primary all by herself!!
Azalea had her 3rd Grade Opera where she debuted as a Mermaid!
Then she had her 3rd Grade Program!
Christmas sing in 2014
to Traverse Choir in 2015, My has she grown!
Well I think this BLOG post has gone on for long enough. There is a couple of surprises I better throw in though.
Like my Dad getting married again!! Yay!
Her name is Shannon and she is amazing. Its crazy how much she is like my Mom too.
I know she is as Happy as I am that he has finally met someone to spend the rest of his life with. Shannon and my Dad are always goofing around and you can just tell how in love they are. It is like two teenagers.
It was a very beautiful ceremony.
The bathroom at the lodge was so cute!!
They are quite the travelers, constantly traveling back and forth between homes in Tremonton, Riverton, St. George and Arizona. What a fun life!!
Mikes Dad also remarried....and was eventually sealed in the Ogden Temple!!
Seriously so THRILLED for him. I don't think I have seen him this happy in a very long time. These two are always laughing and having a great time. Valarie brings so much joy to his life. He was so lonely for so long, and this has been so great!!
Well I better stop now....I could go on FOREVER!!
I promise though...I wont wait 2 more years till the next update!


































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment