
As some of you might already know, growing up, our family wasn't very active in the church. Don't get me wrong, My parents knew the church was true, and they made sure we (My brothers and I) knew it too! It's just for one reason or another they didn't go to church on a weekly basis. Since my Mothers passing (2 years ago) my Dad has been going to church each and every week. It's been amazing to see the little changes that have taken place in him.

On June 27th, at the Mount Timpanogos Temple, I was able to attend my Dads Endowment session, and stand in as proxy for my Mother's Endowment during the same session. What an amazing experience! I haven't felt so close to my Mother since she passed away! I could feel her presence so strongly! My mom often expressed to me, expecially in her last few years, a strong desire to go to the temple someday and to be sealed!


On June 27th, at the Mount Timpanogos Temple, I was able to attend my Dads Endowment session, and stand in as proxy for my Mother's Endowment during the same session. What an amazing experience! I haven't felt so close to my Mother since she passed away! I could feel her presence so strongly! My mom often expressed to me, expecially in her last few years, a strong desire to go to the temple someday and to be sealed!

On July 12th, the day finally came! I again was able to stand in as proxy for my Mother while She and my Father were sealed together for all Eternity in the Mount Timpanogos Temple, and then I was able to be sealed to both of them. What an amazing day! I could feel my mother as if she was right there with us! After the sealing, we were walking back to get dressed, when the sweet Sister that had been guiding me through the process, took me by my hand and said "I want you to know your Mother was there with you and she was not alone. There were several spirits in the room." She went on to say that she was so touched that she was weeping out in the hallway as the sealing took place. I know that my mother was there and that she was rejoicing with us. I love my parents and I am so grateful that they taught us that the church is true! We never doubted that! I know that I am the person I am today because of my parents and I feel so blessed because of that!
While I was looking for a picture of the Mount Timpanogos Temple I came across a post. I usually steer clear of reading things about our Church from non-members, but something about the heading made me curious. I was very moved by the Post, and it made me think of how very blessed to live in a time where there are Temples all over the world! It is a wonderful thing to know without a doubt, that families can be together forever!





3 comments:
Wow, thanks for posting this! That is so neat! I'm glad that your family is now sealed together. I know too without a doubt that families can be together forever! I just got the good chills from reading this. What a special day! =)
What an amazing experience, Rikke. I am so happy for you and your parents. Very inspiring. The Temple is a wonderful place to be and I love how you felt the spirits around you. May god continue to bless you and your family.
Rikkie that is so amazing. I was so touched by your post. I am so happy for your family that this has finally come about! What an amazing experience!
Post a Comment