Friday, November 14, 2008

A Child's Prayer


It always amazes me how much we can learn from our children!

A little girl from Oaklee's class last year was recently diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and the school did a fundraiser to help the family out by selling bracelets that said "Pray for Jane"

Well my sweet little Brooklyn has took that statement to heart! We take turns saying the prayer at night and whenever its Brooklyn's turn, she never forgets to pray for Jane. In fact every time she says "Please bless that Jane will not Die."

After about a month of her praying for Jane not to Die, I felt like I needed to sit down with her and explain that it is okay to pray that she doesn't die but that we need to make sure that we are praying for her to be comfortable and that she is not suffering.

I told her that death isn't something that we can always control and that if it's Heavenly father's plan for Jane to come home to him, that all we can do is pray that she will be at peace.

It touches my heart that this small child has so much compassion and that she never forgets to remember Jane in her prayers! I am so proud of her and I know that she is such a great example to her family! I love her so much and I feel so blessed to have her as a daughter!

4 comments:

mintifresh said...

That is all very profound! Kudos to you and your talk with her! I always have a hard time with heavy stuff like that and you did it wonderfully! What a sweet angel she is! I hope the best for little Jane!

danielle said...

Wow Can't say I got through that without some tears. I remember Jane. We will remember her in our prayers as well. Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Erin and I love the Child's Prayer song! I was thinking about coming to your Scentsy party, but I thought it was the 22nd...not the 15th! I hope it went well!

Karen said...

What a sweetie! Great job explaining to her about Death. That is so very hard.