Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day

On Thursday we decided to take a little Mini Get-a-Way! Where you ask....to the all inclusive and exciting "Grandma's House" resort in Layton! lol Yes...I know its only a 50 minutes drive, but the girls were dying to go!!!

The Girls had a fun time playing with Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Scott (James was at Scout Camp) :(



To Celebrate Pioneer Day we went to a Breakfast at their Ward house and the kids got to play games, make butter and old fashioned pioneer toys!



Later that day I decided to take the girls to the Mall....After all, I had Gymboree Bucks that had to be used!

So we pass this Amika Kiosk where they were curling hair with a flat iron! The girls of course begged me to stop!! So they begin to sell me on how wonderful this product was and showed me how well it curled your hair! They claimed that the Curls would stay in longer and would actually make your hair more healthy, the more you used it! Blah, Blah Blah...So in the end I told them I would research it and come back if I was still interested.....but then she got me with the..." What if I can give you the same discount we give hairdressers?? Mind you she was Whispering when she said this....and seemed to be in total desperation) Of course I couldn't Say No...There's that Type C personality shining through! So I ended up paying $110.00 for the lovely pink one in the middle!



When I got home of course I decided to research it, and sure enough I paid way to much! In fact If I had shopped around I probably could have bought two for the same price I paid!



All and All we had a Fabulous time....A Big Thank You to Mikes Mom for having us!

(If you look closely at Mikes Beautiful Mom, you can note that her hair was professionally done using my New Amika flat Iron!)

2 comments:

mintifresh said...

Well, that do on your MIL is worth every penny!! I'm just barely learning how to do that with my flat iron myself.
Sounds like a fun weekend!

Amy said...

I love the all inclusive comment! Aren't grandmas great? My cousin's little girl is visiting us this week and I thought of you guys because her name is Brooklyn Potter! Crazy, huh?