...and that's exactly what happened!
I will start from the beginning!!!
We left Tuesday for Bear Lake....we were all sooooo excited to go camping and use our huge new tent (Well we bought it 2 years ago, however since we've never had to use it thanks to my Dad's Fifth wheel.....it was still new to us!) Anyways....We arrived to Sunrise Campground around 6:00...and boy is it beautiful! Sadly it became clear that there was no where in the campground that Mike felt good about pitching a tent that was seriously the size of out truck! lol Not to mention their were mesquitos everywhere and other gross bugs and the bathrooms were well...outhouses! :( Yuck!
After an hour of stewing we decided to leave and pay the extra money to camp at the KOA in Garden City! Who can pass up on a campground with a pool and showers! lol
So we arrive, set up camp and start cooking the tin foil dinners on the fire when all of a sudden it happens....
Little Pigs, Little Pigs...lol
Out of nowhere this HUGE wind storm comes upon us...I mean HUGE! I wish I could have got picture of us holding down the Tent...but unfortunately I was trying to help! lol It was useless...the Tent poles were bending from the 65+ MPH wind gusts we were getting!
So you guessed it...
The wind huffed and puffed and blew our Tent down!!!
We were ready to pack up and go home! Luckily...the KOA had 2 Cabins available that we were able to rent at an unfortunate additional price! :(
In the Morning things seemed much brighter...we went to the Beach and played all day in the Sun! It was great!
That Night we were able to roast some hot dogs and have some S'mores by the fire!
The Next day we went to the North Shore and were happy to see that there was a ton of beach to play on right at the Marina!
We had soooo much fun!!
I guess it is true...a Family that Cries together...I mean Plays together.... Stays Together! lol





2 comments:
I love bear lake and I love that KOA! Those cabins totally rock! I'm glad you had fun and you didn't blow away!
I meant to ask you how your trip to Bear Lake was!! I bet you don't go camping again for awhile :)
I could just squeeze Azalea...she is so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment