We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We couldnt have asked for a more beautiful day filled with delicious food...and some of our favorite family members! Right before we blessed the food we went around the room and had everyone say what they were thankful for. It was touching to hear all of the many blessings in our lives.
So later that night (10pm to be exact) I said goodbye to Thanksgiving and hello to Christmas as I met a bunch of girls from my neighborhood to start our holiday shopping!
Our first stop was Toys R Us....can you say freeze your butt of cold! we got there at 10:30 and the doors didn't open till 12:00a.m and once the doors opened they only let 50 people in at a time!! It wasnt till like 1:00 a.m when we finally got in! After realzing there wasnt a whole lot of things left a few of us, including myself decided to head over to Walmart so we could start gathering items for them to price match!
After arriving at the best Walmart (it was totaly dead, but then again it was 3a.m.) we quickly staked out what we were going to go for when the clocks hit 5a.m.! So about 4:00a.m they removed the tape blocking off the item I decided to go for and as soon as I saw a guy put his arms on one of these items as if he was saying "back off, this one is mine" I decided to stake my claim too...especially since there were only 10 of the item I was going for!
So there I was litterly sitting on the ground hanging on to my Box (which was on the bottom of the pile! Pretty much every box was "spoken" for aka: someone was litterly touching every box, then gathered all around us was an angry mob that was ticked off that we were pretty much all but walking away with our item already and it wasnt even 4:30a.m.! lol
Person after person walked by and looked and me and my friends like it was the last day we were going to live and warned us that they were worried for our saftey and that we should get up off the floor! I stood firm and decided that when 5a.m came I would hold on to my item with dear life and pray that I didnt get trampled before I could get up of the floor!
Minutes before 5a.m I heard someone say that there was a guy cracking his knuckles like he was getting ready to get in a fight and that his friend had pulled out his cell phone to video tape. At this point I got a little nervous.....I closed my eyes and held on tight!
3 minutes later I had my item...was it worth it?? Heck ya it was worth it...and it was soooo much fun!
We went to breakfast after and made it home around 7a.m! I took a nap for about an hour and half and then got up and went shopping some more!
I love Christmas and I am soooooo excited for my favorite time of year to finally be here!!!
San Francisco, California ~March 3-6, 2016~
9 years ago





4 comments:
I'm curious what this secret/very important item was...
That was a crazy night...all I have to say is What Happens on Black Friday stays on black friday. :) Including warming ourselves up with your iphone. LOL
Heather I will send you a message on facebook so my kids dont see it and Becky...your so right, if I get called into the Bishops office over sharing the warmth you guys are in Big, Big trouble!!!
LOL. I on the other hand appreciated that picture warmth that night. I will support you in the Bishops office. LOL
I am glad you thought it was worth it. Cuz I will NEVER NEVER EVER go to Toys R Us AGAIN!! NEVER.
I might just might even hate them. :)
Next year I am going to Target instead.
Post a Comment