Sunday, August 7, 2011

GIRLS CAMP

Okay so its no secret that I REALLY, REALLY wanted to go to Girls Camp this year. It was Oaklee's first time going and I just really wanted to go. So I did what any desperate person would do and begged for a calling. lol It didn't look like it was going to turn out in my favor so after months of campaigning I finally gave up. I guess it was true that you can pick your callings.

So imagine my surprise when the day I had been waiting for finally came!! Val the YW Stake President, called and offered me an assignment! Of course I didn't even care what the assignment was....it could have been Camp Toilet Cleaner for all I cared. I just felt really impressed to go!! :) Luckily my assignment wasn't Camp Toilet Cleaner.......It was Camp Videographer!! Of course I got lots of grief from my hubby about it...saying it was a made up calling. My reply....isnt all callings made up?? I mean serious. Okay so can I just say my calling, assignment or whatever you want to call it was AMAZING!!

I had the opportunity to interview lots and lots of girls and hear their sweet testimony's. The only problem is I have NO IDEA how to merge the videos together to make one video. Im working on that part and hopefully soon I will have a video to give to the stake leaders.

On the very first night......it became clear of why I had been so impressed to go to Camp! I needed the Spiritual Rejuvenation.

And BOY did I get it.

We were blessed to have Hillary weeks and her neighbor and friend Kris Belcher come and perform and speak. It was AMAZING!!



Night after night I was astonished by the beautiful messages that were given at the devotionals.

One of the nights the Stake Leaders got up and all spoke. I was so touched by each and every one of their messages and testimony. On this particular night, I felt the spirit so strongly and received conformation again to the fact that there was a reason to why I was there and it wasn't just because I was an amazing Videographger....which um I was.

I wont lie.....I have been struggling. ALOT lately. I have had many things going on that have pushed me to a breaking point of a slight emotional break down. When these sweet ladies spoke...it was as if they were speaking to me. It was incredible and I knew without a doubt that my Heavenly Father knew that I needed to hear these beautiful testimonies and messages and so HE made it possible.



One particular day.....I hiked back down to the lake with our ward to go Canoeing and on the paddle boats. I had already been once with another ward and it was so amazing I wanted to go back with Oaklee.



Sadly when we got there it was SUPER windy and they were not going to let our ward go. We had a prayer and Faith that the wind would let up. It did!! :) Amazing!



I was planning on get a ride back up to our camp......but my ride never showed. :( So I started my hike up the trail. At first it wasn't too bad but then the steep hills came...and I started to wish that a Bear would pop out and attack me. Sadly...I am NOT joking.



When we were almost back to camp......We stopped for this pic and that's where things got interesting. You see......I saw this other camp ground to the right....and I said..."I need to go potty...I will catch up with you guys." thinking that it would give me a little rest. Well...my sweet friend Becky said that she would go with me....so off we went....from the beaten path.....from the "Iron Rod" lol

Well my sweet friend Becky...was like "Lets just walk up this road back to camp...it will be easier and we will use the bathroom over there.........Well as we walked and walked..she was right...it did seem easier. We even started walking DOWN HILL which at the time didn't make sense....but I knew that my friend wouldn't lead me astray. Well all of a sudden a couple of missionaries came riding up on a 4 wheeler and asked where we were heading. We quickly told them or campground just to see the Elder shake his head and laugh. He told us we were going the wrong way and that we needed to turn around and GO BACK the way we had came. That meant UP HILL!! :( So the lesson learned.....DON'T GO OFF THE BEATEN PATH of LIFE. STICK TO THE IRON ROD!! lol

On Wednesday Night it started to POUR!! It was raining BAD!! Well Thursday morning it was still POURING!! It was soooooo cold!!! Being that it was the last full day and night, there was alot planned, specifically a Faith Walk in the Trees up above camp later that night. This Faith walk had been a major focus and alot of work had gone into planning and preparation. Everyone was worried. Val the Stake YW leader, who was incredibly sick at the time....had everyone go back to their cabins and kneel in a circle and have a prayer asking for the rain to clear up and the roads to become dry followed by a personal prayer. We as Stake leaders did the same and Val offered the most AMAZING, Powerful prayer. Within the hour...the clouds had parted and the sun began to shine. The roads dried quicker then anyone could imagine. It was a miracle. There is no doubt that this incident strengthened every single girls testimony of the power of prayer. It was incredible.

Later that night we had our ward Testimony meeting Fireside......It was so amazing to hear these young ladies bare their sweet testimonies and to see how close they had gotten over the week. The Faith Walk was AMAZING!! It was so powerful!!

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to go to Girls Camp and for the Spirit that was felt there. I love the Gospel!!!





And I love these ladies!!

No comments: