Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's been one of those weekends....

Well this weekend was definitly an Interesting one! lol

It all started out a few weeks ago when the kids begged me to let them have a neighborhood Halloween party. Well of course I gave in. I let each of them invite a few families and on Friday we had the Halloween bash!

Can you say HECTIC??? lol


Seriously, I planned some games but it was like a Zoo! Screaming kids running around everywhere! The good thing was I think the kids had fun even though it was total chaos. When everyone left, I looked around at the house I had spent all day cleaning and decorating and found that in a matter of 2 hours it had been thoroughly trashed! Fun, Fun! Luckily, the majority of the mess was easily cleaned up!

So on Saturday....

I woke up to find that my left hand was swollen. Well the sad thing was that a few days before, I took off my wedding ring ,because it was getting pretty big on me and I felt like I was going to lose it. Anyways...I tried on my Mom's wedding ring. It was a tiny bit snug but I could get it off and on just fine. So, I decide to wear it until I could get mine re-sized smaller.

Back to Saturday morning....

The ring would not come off...and my finger was sooo swollen! We tried everything possible to get it off. I soaked my hand in ice water. My brother "Nurse Butler" Did some kind of technique trying to push the fluid down into my hand so I could get it off. It didn't work either! he even tried some thing where you wrap thread tightly around the finger. Ouch! It hurt so bad! I was in a panic. Everything we were doing just seemed to make my finger swell worse. I prayed about it and I felt like I need to just relax and go on with my day in hope that the swelling would go away! So I go into Brooklyn's bathroom to help her wash the shampoo out of her hair. I sit down on the toilet seat next to the BathTub and hear...CRUNCH! I look under the towel that was sitting there on the seat to find her glasses, that had just been newly replaced, BROKEN! Ughhhh! How frustrating!

We had such a busy day planned...So I decided to march forward!

Right away we left to go to Frightmares, where we were going to meet up with my Dad and his Girlfriend Debbie. The kids had a blast and it was perfect weather. The went through a little haunted house that was for kids where they got lots of candy. They had fun! Grandpa spoiled the kids and bought them a Carmel apple and some Dippin' dots.

We left lagoon about 4:00 and headed straight for Jordan Commons where we were meeting a few families from our neighborhood to watch the fabulous HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3!!!!

At this point my finger was still swollen and it didn't look like it was going to be getting any better anytime soon.

The movie was awesome! The girls, heck even the adults were loving it! Okay I admit it! I even got a bit teary eyed at the end of the movie! lol

After the movie the kids and I stopped by at the grocery store to pick up a few essentials. I'm at the check out line when I realize my Visa check card is missing! I'm pretty sure that it fell out of my pocket at the movie theatre.
When I got in the car, I was almost in tears! I'm thinking what a bad day! First my finger, then the glasses and now this! I was able to find the number and right way called and reported it lost/stolen. So I was no longer worried about that, but I did feel thankful that I had noticed it missing so soon after it was lost.

When I got home I showed Mike my finger and told him I was very tempted to go to the ER and have it cut off. Luckily my wonderful husband was able to do that for me! I feel horrible that I had to remove my Moms wedding ring from my finger but I knew that it was going to get worse if I didn't do something then. I'm sure my dads going to be irritated with me for having to cut the ring! Sorry Dad! Unfortunately I made a mistake! You were right!! Its a bummer! However, my Mom probably found it humorous! lol

I went to bed and crashed right away. I was so exhausted!

On Sunday morning, I woke up and was frantically getting the kids ready for Church like I do every Sunday so that we could make it there by 9:00a.m and get a comfy seat! About 20 minutes till 9:00 Brooklyn walks up to me and asks if she can invite her non-member friend to church with her. My first reaction was.... Are you kidding me? Nice idea, but we got to be there in 20 minutes and I'm sure her parents wont let her anyways! Luckily the more I thought about it the more the spirit spoke to me that it was a wonderful idea! After all it was only a few weeks earlier when this same Little friend had told me that her Mommy and Daddy didn't believe in Heaven. It broke my heart!
Brooklyn called her little friend and was excited to announce that the little girls Mom had said yes! we went and picked her up and we actually made it to church on time! What a miracle! In relief society we talked about conversion and missionary work. At the end of the lesson we had extra time so they opened it up for the sisters to bear their testimony. I stood and bore my testimony about how touched I was that my daughter had such a sweet spirit to want to share the gospel to her friend. I expressed that we can learn so much from our children and how there are so many little opportunities that we can be missionaries. It breaks my heart to think that if I would have went with my first instinct to say NO, that this little girl may have missed out on getting to go to church. I am so grateful for my children and for all they teach me. I know that I have a lot of growing to do. I am definitely not perfect, but I know the church is true! I love my Savior and I know he is there for me! I think that in the past few years with the death of my Mom he has been there with me so many times. I love the gospel and what it teaches me. I am so grateful for Joseph smith and for all he did to make sure that church was restored! I love President Monson and I know that he is a true Prophet! I felt that this weekend was full of ups and downs, but isn't what life is full of? Ups and Downs! I know that my Heavenly Father blessed me so much this weekend and I am so Thankful for that! I know that without him, I wouldn't have been able to lift myself up and press forward, so that we could experience the joy of what this weekend brought!

1 comment:

Parisa and Zac said...

That is a crappy day! It's funny how when one lousy thing happens they seem to pile on all day long. I'm glad your weekend ended better than it started!