Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My New Calling!!

So I got a new calling and well...I am a bit nervous! So I bet your thinking what is this new calling?

Its Nursery Coordinator/Music Leader!!

So even though our ward just split again, We have 3 large nurseries!

That's not even the scary part!

The scary part is that I have to do the music time!

I am not the most musically inclined person! I know...surprised huh? Well...If you guys have any good ideas let me know! Apparently we can only sing songs from the children's hymn book so there goes the eensy weensy spider and five little speckled frogs!

Hopefully I will soon discover that I am actually talented when it comes to music, and I just never had the oppurtunity to figure it out before! lol

6 comments:

The Kotters said...

Hey, how about we trade callings!! A few weeks ago I got called to be the primary president, me!!?? What were they thinking?? Good luck in your calling, you'll be great!

Karen said...

So is the music cooridinator for Jr./Sr. primary? or is is Nursury? I suggest use pictures, make a game out of learning it? You have to keep it fun, or the kiddos just get board and won't sing. Well that's how it is in our primary anyways! I wish our music leader would do more fun things. Good luck, I know you'll do great! =)

Stacy said...

You will do so well. Is it the music coordinator just for nursery? The tip is keep is simple - they love things to look at and hold onto.

I saw a great idea once put a bunch of fun stuff in a bag - things little kids would love to hold and play with - they have them pull the stuff out and each item has a song on it. Mostly activity songs - like Hands, do as I am doing, etc. Then they also get to do something and feel a part of it.

Use pictures and fun items too. I have seen people use ribbons on sticks to get the kids to dance around and sing with. FUN!!

I know you will have no problems keeping it fun!! Have fun!

Kotters said...

Good luck! I would say definately use lots of props. And have them help you hold them. And the nice thing about nursery is you can sing the same songs every week and they will love it! :)

mintifresh said...

I would do a big 'gulp' with that one too! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Funny!! I just got released as den leader and was called to the Nursery. Apparently my ward thinks that I should be with kids on the weekend too!!