Sunday, December 14, 2008

Saturday Chaos!!

On Saturday morning we awoke to a winter wonderland! The kids were very excited, however knowing how much stuff we had to get done, I wasn't so thrilled!

We started our morning by going to Oaklee and Brooklyn's first ever Piano Recital! They did great! I am so happy that they are finally starting to enjoy playing the piano! Way to go girls! We got them roses for the big day and their teacher gave them some yummy goodies as a Christmas gift!





After that we went over to the church a caught the tail end of breakfast with Santa (AKA: The Bishop) The kids had fun and they got to play with all their friends!



When we came home the kids all went there separate ways hanging out and playing with their friends, Mike went to bed saying that he didn't feel well and I hunkered down on my Computer typing up new nursery lists and other things that needed to get done for a teacher development meeting I had to have at my house today (Yay...its done and over with!)
At about 4:15 we left (Just me and the kids -Mike still didn't feel well) to go to Ireland's ballet Recital and luckily the weather had improved a ton! Unfortunately when we arrived at the dance recital we found that there was absolutely no parking available and since we were driving the big old truck we had to park a mile away! Not fun in the ice and snow! :( I was really missing Mike!





Ireland did fantastic!! I was bummed because I forgot the Camcorder and my camera didn't take very well pictures in the dark! I also had forgot Ireland's roses in the truck...and was definitely not going back for them with Azie in tow. :( When we finally made it back to the truck we presented her with her roses and she was so excited to get her very own flowers!

After about 5 seconds of being in the truck I heard Oaklee complaining about her stomach hurting for the hundredth so I decided to take her into the Kids care. Let me just tell you how thankful I am for my husband because If I was single or didn't have a hubby that worked from home, and had to take all the kids with me everywhere I went at all the time, I would go insane!!! Seriously...INSANE!!! It was so crazy with all the kids but Oaklee was finally seen and the Doctor said she thought it was just the typical stomach ache/virus that is going around.
So after stopping to get some fast food for the kids, we finally made it home only to discover that Ireland's one eye is swollen and a little pink! Aughhh! (Luckily it looks much better now, at first I thought it was pink eye but now I think it was just an allergic reaction)
I got the kids ready for bed and then went back to the church work that I procrastinated doing all week! lol
So that was our very chaotic, crazy day!

On a side note: When we woke up this morning All three older girls were complaining of sore throats and stomach aches...so Mike stayed home from church with them. Poor guy!

No comments: