Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A season for change....


Today Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States of America! I am not very political and wasn't planning on watching the inauguration but when I saw it on this morning I couldn't help but watch! I even got a little emotional as the orchestra played a rendition of Amazing Grace.
My friend Stacy said it all when she wrote this on her blog today ....
"It doesn't matter what party you belong to or who you voted for - today (January 20th in the US) is definitely a historic day. The first African American is now the president of the United States of America. He has moved into a house that slaves built, the day after the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. was celebrated - how ironic."
It truly was an Amazing day!!!
When Brooklyn said the Prayer tonight she said the funniest/cutest thing ever! "Please bless President Obama that he will not mess up."
So President Obama if your reading this....Don't mess up..Okay? lol

2 comments:

Karen said...

yes it was a very historical day yesterday. I didn't watch though. That is funny with what Brooklyn said in her prayer! I pray for that all the time!!!! =) So yeah definately not this saturday since it is your anniversary. Sometime soon though. It will be a lot of fun!

danielle said...

Funny I think we all have that silent pray in our hearts!