Yesterday my Brother Chris Graduated on the Deans list with a Degree in Nursing! It was such a an amazing experience to watch someone who has overcame so much adversity in their life stand tall and except their Diploma!
I am so proud of him!
The night before he had his Nursing Graduation Pinning Ceremony at Cottonwood High School. He again made us so proud as they recognized Chris for of course graduating as the tallest, biggest Registered Nurse but for also being the Student Nurses Alliance Vice president as well as being on the Graduation Committee. When we arrived at the pinning ceremony I gave Chris a gift that I knew would be perfect for the occasion. As he opened the gift, I couldn't control my emotions and I started crying before he even opened it! lol
He opened the small box to find my Mothers Nursing Pins that she had received when she graduated Nursing school. I had him Pin one of them onto his Tie. I know that my Mom was there with him as he walked across that stage and as he took his nursing oath and that she was also so proud of him!
What Joy she must have had as she watched her Son finally reach his potential!
After the Graduation on Friday Chris presented me with a "Stole of gratitude" It was the Blue Satin sash that he wore around his neck when he Graduated. He told me that they were to present it to someone that helped make their dream into a reality. He told me he couldn't have done it without me! (Yep...more tears!)
My Mom used to say to Always Remember, when the storm clouds come in the Eagles soar, While the small birds take cover!!!
Way to go Chris...Way to be an Eagle!!! We Love You!!!





1 comment:
Ok honestly you have got to start posting some funny stuff again. Everytime I read your blog I get all choked up :) haha! I love your new family pic outside the temple. Too cute!
Post a Comment