Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Doctor's Dream....

I think we have definitely found our accident prone child! We thought Brooklyn was going to take that role but nope Azalea has definitely took the lead! Yesterday, while Mike and I were out to lunch with Mikes Sister and her Boyfriend, My Brother Chris (Who was so sweet to babysit for us) called and informed me that she had fell on the fireplace and had a gash on her head that most likely needed stitches. He said that it had stopped bleeding and that she wasn't crying anymore. I wasn't sure how truthful he was being since he can be quite the jokester. He was just so calm and matter a fact about the whole thing. So now that he is a Nurse, I was thinking well it must not be that serious..or he would tell me to meet him at the Insta care! So we of course finished up our meal and headed home! When we got home, she was playing like nothing had happened but sure enough she had a band aid on. I took a peak and thought YEP, were going into the Instacare! lol So off we went to the local Highland instacare (I LOVE THIS PLACE) its just so convenient! lol They have the greatest Doctor there that is soooooo great with kids! I wish he saw actual patients because I would totally switch pediatricians!
Anyways..this particular Doctor is the one who saw her when she cut open her fingers at our neighbors house...which wasn't that long ago! She ended up not needing stitches on that trip, but he was great then too! He sat me down and asked how I felt about strapping Azalea in the Papoose thing while he did the stitches. He said that although she seemed like she was a calm baby that most the time they will scream, cry and kick there way out of the grip and it could affect how well he can do the stitches not to mention he said it can make it more traumatic on the kids as well as the parents! I quickly agreed to the papoose thing that basically wrapped them up tight as can be. I was able to hold on to her little feet so that she knew I was there. Azalea did amazing, she didn't even cry once! Again, I think this had a lot to do with how comfortable the Dr. and the Staff made her feel! Thank you Highland Clinic!!! 8 stitches later, she was as good as new! Okay.....maybe not as good as new, but she was happy as can be! We have to go back Monday to have them removed! I hope that goes as well!!!

No comments: