Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ode to the Chicken


Oh Chicken, Oh Chicken
How we have loved having you

So Cute and Fluffy in the beginning....

Who knew that this is what you would turn into....
'



Oh Chicken, Oh Chicken
What joy it was to watch you peck
The times you were tortured by the laser pointer
made me such a wreck!


Oh Chicken, Oh Chicken
Scratch, Scratch, scratch, Slide back, look, peck, peck, Poo
That is what you do,
especially when your newspaper was brand stinking new!


Oh Chicken, Oh Chicken
Tomorrow there will be a new home for you
We will miss you Dear Chicken
Just not the smell of your stinky Doodoo!


Oh Chicken, Oh Chicken
If fate takes you to the light
because of your new little feathered friends
Remember to put up a fight!


Oh Chicken, Oh Chicken
For if you do not
in Mindi's stomach you shall go
BBQ'ed, Nice and Hot!!

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Just like babies...they are oh so cute!! AND THEN THEY GROW UP!!!!!

Parisa and Zac said...

Wow I can't believe how big it got! Haha I like the poem, very clever!

mintifresh said...

Dude! That poem beats out Keats, Plath AND John Lennon!! That cracked me up!!!

Heather said...

I never knew you had such amazing writing skills! Maybe you could video yourself doing an original poem reading?!

Brooklyn said...

I HATE YOU FOR GIVING AWAY THE CHICKEN

Brooklyn OF THE FUTURE said...

ha and you're a loser
~2015~