Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day....

Ever since My Mom passed away Mothers Day has been a little hard for me! I miss my Mom so much! I am so Thankful for the time I did have with my Mom!! Even though our time together was short....I learned so much from her Strength, Courage and Love! She was a wonderful Mother!!!

On Mothers day this year we woke up bright and early (7:00a.m) to get ready for our busy day!

Before we headed out..the 3 older girls gave me the sweetest gifts!




Ireland painted this card at school!






Brooklyn Painted this Wooden Spoon and attached a cute little poem to go with some Hershey kisses!!



Oaklee made a Calender at School for me!!!

Noah also gave me a Cook Book that they made for Mothers Day at school along with as handmade Bookmark that was made out of Beads and Ribbon!! So cute!!

So the first stop was the Cemetery! We put Flowers on My Moms grave as well as both My Grandmothers and My Aunt Denise's Grave! They were all amazing Mothers!!! It was such a beautiful day!! The kids enjoyed being outside even if it was at a Cemetery!



The next stop was at My Dad and Debbie's house! I wanted to make sure we got to stop by and Wish Debbie Happy Mothers Day! We had a lot of fun and the kids were able to play with their new cousins!! Debbie was so sweet and gave me a beautiful frame that says Sisters! I cant wait to put the girls pictures in it!!



After we left....we headed to one of my Best Friends Brittany's.... where we had a blast visiting and eating some Delicious food! (I think I ate more food this Mothers day then ever before!!) It was so fun to spend time with My Moms lifetime Best Friend Karen. (Brittany's Mom) Karen is like a Mom to me and I love her and Brittany sooooo much! Brittany spoiled me and bought me a a huge bath set, pedicure/manicure set and some polish! Thanks Britt!!!

After we left Britt's house we headed up to Layton to visit Mikes Mom and Grandmother along with lots of other family that was there! The kids had so much fun seeing their Aunts and Uncles and playing on Grandmas Swing set!! Right before we were going to leave to head home (About 5:30) Mikes sister Amy that we don't get to see very often dropped by, so of course we had to stay and visit some more! Needless to say we arrived home about 11:00!!!

I was soooo exhausted but I had a wonderful Mothers Day!! I am so blessed to have four of the sweetest, most adorable little girls! I absolutely love being their Mom!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rikke... I am so glad you had a great mothers day, You deserve a day... :)

So when do you want to get together? I would love to plan something! We can let our kiddos play, I am sure mine would love it! Lets do it! BTW.. you are looking AMAZING!