Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sacament Meeting....

Spiritually Uplifting or miserable chaos???

My experience today in Sacrament was definitely not Spiritual nor Uplifting. In fact the only feelings that I experienced today were fear, disappointment, failure and relief as the closing prayer was spoken. In fact as I walked shamefully out of the Chapel I felt defeated! I felt like my kids had won and that they had successfully managed to drive their Mom insane!!!!

I'm sure it didn't help that I was running late as usual, and Mike had stayed behind to see my Brother Mike off, who had been visiting. So arrive in sacrament meeting with Azie to find the kids (who had walked to church) sitting nicely on a bench. My first instinct was Wow....look at them...Sitting so reverently. That thought quickly diminished when I sat to immediately hear 3 voices all at once telling me how Ireland pushed away the Sacrament tray causing 8 cups of water to bounce up off the tray and land all over the place all because she wanted to hold it herself! (Boy am I glad I missed that one)

After calming them down about it.... it began...the slapping, pinching, shoving, yelling, pouting and goofing off. I looked around, and thought to myself...Wow...I must have done something really, really wrong! I swear my kids were the only ones acting the way they were! I was so embarrassed! At one point, I was laughing to myself. I had to laugh....otherwise I was going to cry! It was horrible!

To top it off...the Bishop got up and was talking at the end about Reverence. Do you think my kids were listening? NO!! Do you think I was listening? Nope! I wish I could have, but Nooooo I was to busy trying to keep 5 kids from killing each other!

Do I need to add fuel to this fire (Aka: have another baby)....I think not!!!!!

3 comments:

mintifresh said...

ElRey gave our kids a serious talking to after church. They were pretty bad. I was on the stand waiting to give my lame talk when I heard Annie say loudly, "IT'S BECAUSE OF AUDREY!!" My friend Melanie looked up at me and started laughing so I started laughing and had to look away so I could stop. When I looked back at Melanie, her husband was shaking his head at me as though saying, "For shame, you can't even control your kids..." It was very enjoyable from my stand point but not so much for ElRey. I wish there was nursery for sacrament, too! Sorry it was so rough for you! You get major 'points' for getting there AND not killing anyone! ;)

Melissa said...

Honestly, sacrament meeting is a joke for us. Someone is always crying, yelling, etc. One day my dad was saying how a certain ward was 'the noisiest ward in the church, some people can't control their kids, etc, etc, etc' and I told him how if the church would just give us a 5 year pass to skip out when we have kids, then maybe it would be a quieter place. They want us to bring kids to the meeting, so what do they expect? Come back to our ward for a week, sit behind us, and you'll feel like your kids are angels!

Parisa and Zac said...

Stories like this make me SO excited to be starting a family...haha! I don't know how you handle all those girls, but what a great example you are!