Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grandma Brookie

Not to long ago Mike's Sweet Grandma Brookie was diagnosed with B-Cell Lymphoma! Right away they started her on Chemo! As you can imagine there are quite a few nasty side effects stemmed for Chemotherapy and amazingly enough after much prayer in her behalf and a family fast, Grandma Brookie was able to go through her first treatment with very little problems!



Look at that Beautiful Smile! Amazing considering everything she was going through!

On Sunday we were able to go to a "HAT" Party in her honor at Mike's Aunt Lisa's house!

We each wore funny hats and brought a new one for Brookie to wear during the next few months! It was so much fun and so neat to see someone going through so much have such a wonderful attitude!



This week Grandma Brookie will be having her 2nd round of Chemo and although we all know that she will do fantastic we are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers!

We Love you Grandma!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I love the hat you are wearing. It is so cute and fun. Maybe I can make one of those - my sights are high!!!

Good luck to Grandma Brookie!

mintifresh said...

I like the idea of a hat party! I especially love yours! ;)